Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Qrafter

Reflection - I have created QR codes before so this assignment was a bit easier than some. I created QR codes with a Google Maps link for our school, for a YouTube video that several teachers created for Halloween, and one linking to my school webpage. These would be fun to use in school, too. I have always wanted to put QR codes in the library near certain series of books that would link students to other books in the same genre. Near the Harry Potter books, I could post a QR code that would link to a website, "If you like Harry Potter, try these..."
     Another idea I had for QR codes could be to set up a scavenger hunt. Each QR could link to an answer to a question. Find all the QRs and you will find all of the answers!
                                                      I also really liked the idea of QR codes being used for student portfolios. This would be a great way to store student work and information.
        The potential roadblocks that I can envision would have to do with the lack of technological resources. We don't have devices for all of our students. Many bring devices from home but this is not an item that every student has. This would be a great tool for parents, too, but not all of them have access to a smartphone or other such device. In school, we share iPads among many students so it is possible that they will not be available, or they will not be charged for students to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment