Saturday, December 6, 2014

YakIt Kids / ChatterPix Kids



This is my video using YakIt. This was a simple app to use and I like the fact that I could choose pictures from a gallery with many options. I liked that I could change voices too. The only disadvantage to this app is the 15 second restriction. It felt like it was too short to get my point across.



I made this video using the ChatterPix app. This app was easy to use, too. But this app did not have a large gallery of pictures to choose from like the YakIt app. But what made this app better was the fact that I could record for 30 seconds instead of 15. It made a big difference in being able to make my point without feeling rushed.

Reflection - There are many other ways that these apps could be used. We could take pictures of different computer parts (monitor, mouse, CPU, headphones) and then animate those objects to explain in 1st person what jobs they do in the lab. Another idea is to use the apps for 1st day of school introductions. Each student could take a picture of themselves and then animate the picture to tell a little about themselves and their goals for the year. Another idea would benefit the 2nd grader's animal reports. A picture of the animal could be animated to tell some facts that students learned from their research.

No comments:

Post a Comment