Monday, October 20, 2014

Video Call - FaceTime

FaceTime with my training partner (my sister)

Reflection - Video calls can open doors to so many different kinds of learning experiences. As an educator, video calls can help to connect professionals. I have been able to attend training sessions and webinars without having to travel. I have also been able to communicate with top professionals whose sessions may be too costly for my district to fund. It is also a great way for teachers to share ideas, lessons, and materials. I can watch a lesson being taught by a colleague to help improve my own teaching skills. 
     Video calls can also be used in lessons with students. Connecting with other classrooms is an eye-opening experience. Children can learn about students from other cultures. Different learning styles can be explored. The Mystery Skype project is a great example an engaging video call. Students come up with their own clues about their state, hometown, and school, while receiving clues from the other school about their location. Lessons in geography, history,  and climate are learned while also practicing their presentation skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment