Monday, November 10, 2014

Annotations in Project Gutenberg



Reflection - Using annotation options in iBooks was easy and effective. I wish I had had something like this when I was back in college. It would have helped so much with notetaking. I liked being able to highlight important parts and make notes in the margins. As far as students go, I think that older students might benefit from these tools more than younger students. The "define" option would help students understand the meaning of words that are too difficult. Using a highlighter is always a challenge with students because they are not always sure about what to highlight. Clear guidelines would have to be given in order to avoid students simply using a highlighter to enjoy the color. I do still prefer paper when it comes to looking back for certain information. I bookmark a page if it appears to be important at the time. But sometimes I am not aware until later that a certain part of a book is crucial to remember. Then it is easier for me to page back through a paper copy to find what I am looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment