Monday, November 10, 2014

Free ePub Books



Reflection - ePub books are very exciting to children. They are more engaged and involved in the reading process because it is something different and interactive. Many of the books I chose have video and audio links that provide even more to the reading experience. When students are reading ePub books, they are also provided a certain amount of privacy since others can't see what they are reading. This allows for different learning styles, preferences, and reading levels. I personally prefer ePub books for certain types of reading. I like that I can easily travel with many books, I can control the font size, and the price is usually less than a print book. It is also easier to read in the dark!
     But the librarian in me also sees the benefits to a traditional book. I like the hands-on, tactile action of touching a book, and turning its pages. I also think that kids need the experience of curling up with a book. It also works better in a group setting like story time. A traditional book might also allow a student to remain more focused, since all of the added video and audio could be distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment