Saturday, November 8, 2014

Image Based Story with Shadow Puppet



Reflection - I used the Shadow Puppet app to create my image based story. I thought the app was very easy to use. I browsed many of the puppet ideas to come up with an topic for myself. I liked that there were lots of images for me to search so I could blend actual pictures with web images. I also really liked that I could re-record my audio if I made a mistake...without having to begin the project over again. I think this app could be used to create all kinds of how-to videos. My third and fourth grade students spend a lot of time learning about the Dewey Decimal Classification System. This would be a fun way to create a video with images, book covers, and call numbers that would reinforce learning.
     Students could use this app for endless projects. This would be a great way to create a book report. Students could design pictures of their own, search pictures on the web, or take actual pictures from the book. This would also be a great way to review a biography of a famous person. The assignment could be set up like my "guess who?" idea, or students could plan to show highlights of a famous person's life.
     I think that the image based story projects give a person a lot more options for creating a digital project than the animated. Some of the ideas I had for the animated project were impossible because I couldn't pull in images that I felt were necessary for explanation. Younger students might prefer the simplicity of the animated story projects, but I think older students will appreciate all of the options in the image based story app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment