Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stick Pick and GroupMaker



Reflection - I chose Stick Pick and GroupMaker as the two apps to review, but I also downloaded Timer+ and Decible 10th because I think I could also use those in my classes. I really like the Stick Pick app because it gives me an opportunity to randomly choose students and then it suggests question starters for discussions. I also chose the GroupMaker app. I was able to add students, group them randomly, choose individual students or choose groups. It also includes a timer and a sound meter, so it is really like 3 applications in one. Groups can be made randomly, or by gender, ethnicity, or abilities. 
     Both of these apps could be used throughout the day in many classroom settings. The Stick Pick app could be used in small groups, too. Students could do the questioning with the question starters so that the discussion can be student-led. The only drawback to these apps is related to the position that I am in. I see 22 classes a week. It will be very time consuming to enter a roster for all of my classes. Unless there is a way to import the student list from another file, I likely will not want to spend all of the time setting the classes up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment