Saturday, November 29, 2014

Socrative - Student Response System

                                           
     



Reflection - I think that Socrative would be a great way to quickly assess students. I was able to easily set up the questions and I got instant results when the quiz was completed. I would like to explore a little more with Socrative when I am not on a deadline. I tried many times to link images to my quiz with no luck. 
     I could use this assessment tool in many different ways. I could use it as a pretest to find out what facts my students already know, and what I still need to teach them. I could also use it as an wrap-up to a lesson, an exit ticket, to show completion of a certain skill. I also think this would be an easy way for students to develop their own quizzes. Students could work in small groups to develop an assessment over a section of a lesson. They could enter the quiz information themselves (or I could input it for them) and then they could quiz the rest of the class. It would give them ownership and would show their understanding of a concept. 
     The drawback I see of this program is the lack of creativity for students. In a time when we are be encouraged to perform more authentic assessments, this program seems to rely too heavily on true/false, multiple choice type questions. Therefore, if I were to use this as an assessment, I would also feel compelled to include a project-based assessment, also. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment