Saturday, November 15, 2014

Edmodo/Schoology












Reflection - I have used Edmodo in the past with 4th and 5th graders. They love being a part of a social network, and I like that it is a private social network! There are many lessons that can be taught using Edmodo. Besides the assignments, students learn about how to set up a profile, how to  post appropriate notes, and how to insert images. I like being a part of the Edmodo communities. I get some great ideas from other technology teachers.









Schoology is a new program to me. It was easy to set up and add information to. Students can use either of the learning management systems to stay connected to what is happening in the classroom. I like that they can respond to discussion questions and do assignments in an on-line environment. I also like the ways that both apps can be used outside the classroom. Students can ask questions of each other or the teacher. They can complete homework assignments or quizzes from any location. I also like that it can be an introduction to responsible behavior in social networks. Students are already involved in different social networks so this is a great opportunity for discussions. 
     I prefer the Edmodo platform for the younger students. Schoology would be better for older students. I like the communities that Edmodo offers. It seems that it is easier to stay connected with others outside of the group, like other educators. I also like that Edmodo is set up so similar to Facebook in the ways that you post and respond to others. 









No comments:

Post a Comment